Wierd return of data

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
ait_bob

Wierd return of data

Post by ait_bob » Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:00 pm

I set up a report (12.5) for a client off of a data view (Oracle) that returns a bunch of fields - ususally in an Excel format. One of those fields is a person^s email, say joe@xyz.com. If I run that report from my PC in my office, it comes back fine, whether I export it or just view it on the screen. However if my client runs it with the RWS Runtime, the email field comes back all jumbled up - or it looks encryped. Instead of joe@xyz.com, it comes back as ¼ZÎvöñ_R~ì_ (each return is a bit different but messed up just the same way). It doesn^t have to do with Excel, when I view the report on their screen, it is scrambled as well. It is as though my version of R&R supports something that their runtime doesn^t. ____Any clues out there? This is frustrating!____Best,__Bob__

ait_bob

=> RE: Wierd return of data

Post by ait_bob » Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:56 am

OK, FWIW I found the problem. The PC returning good results was using an OracleXE Client driver, the one producing weird results was Oracle 11g.