Word Wrap field causes problem

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
rundmv

Word Wrap field causes problem

Post by rundmv » Thu Jul 10, 2003 2:48 pm

I added a 200 char calculated text field to my group footer. I set the properties 7.3 in. wide, and enabled word wrap. Now all of the fields below the word wrapped field get shifted downward on the page, but the boxes that go around the fields stay in the same place. So they no longer are aligned with the text fields. I have no page footer or summary section on the report. Any ideas?

kfleming

=> RE: Word Wrap field causes problem

Post by kfleming » Fri Jul 11, 2003 7:24 am

Add a blank line immediately below the memo field. Fill this line with hard spaces by creating a text field that consists of holding down the space bar all the way across the line so it fills with a series of hard space dots. See if this helps.____Kathleen__R&R Support

PCD

==> RE: Word Wrap field causes problem

Post by PCD » Thu Aug 14, 2003 12:40 am

I have a similar problem ... I am working on a report that consists of a series of lines, each consisting of a text label, followed by an associated record field. When a word wrapped memo field wraps to the next line, all of my subseqent fields pushed down a line and then they do not align with associated text labels. I tried the suggestion of adding a line of all blanks below the word wrapped field, but it did not solve the problem.____I have run into this problem before and was able to "work around" it; however, I am not able to avoid this situation with this current report.____Any other ideas?____(It seems like this should probably be a "fix" for future releases ... defined report lines should never be able to be split", unless specifically allowed by a line property option.)

kfleming

===> RE: Word Wrap field causes problem

Post by kfleming » Thu Aug 14, 2003 7:08 am

Make sure that the blank line with the hard spaces has the space characters all of the way across the line so that it is underneath the text field and the memo field. If you do this, it should take care of the problem.____Kathleen__R&R Support