can^t save display format change for date-time fields

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
botbswco

can^t save display format change for date-time fields

Post by botbswco » Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:02 pm

Ver 12.5. I^m using a date time as report filter because R&R won^t let you use a date against a date-time field in the database. I also want to display the date on the report, but only as a date, not a date time. When I place the date on the report, it shows it in date-time format. I open the properties window and uncheck the "show time" box. The field then shows as a date in designer and on a preview report. I open the report in the viewer and it has gone back to date-time. I open the report again in designer and it too has gone back to date-time, so it appears that the display format change is not being saved.____I know i can create another calc field in the proper format and place it on the report but that^s a bit of a pain.____Any ideas out there?____

cstrasser

=> RE: can^t save display format change for date-time fields

Post by cstrasser » Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:07 am

Have you tried the ToDate() function? It takes the datetime, strips off the time and treats the field as a date only.____However, we *are* going to fix this behavior in a future release.
Chris Strasser
Liveware Publishing, Inc.
Work bigger.

botbswco

==> RE: can^t save display format change for date-time fields

Post by botbswco » Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:34 pm

Thanks for the reply. BTW, this only appears to be a problem in page headers, not in group or record lines.__