conditional bands in group footer.

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
Craig_M_(Guest)

conditional bands in group footer.

Post by Craig_M_(Guest) » Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:00 pm

We have a report with 1GH, Record, 1GF and PF using RW 12.5 SQL__1GF is set to Swap Footer____In 1GF we have a log of band lines with conditions to print when true.__I have found that when the condition is false(dont print), the program does not print these lines, but it makes virtual space for them. Thus it pushes everything I want to print at the bottom of the page up towards the middle.____I assume this is a bug, is there any workaround?

kfleming

=> conditional bands in group footer.

Post by kfleming » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:37 am

This is actually the intended behavior. Because it is a swapped footer, the intent is to leave the same amount of space at the bottom of each page for either the group footer or the page footer.____What you can try alternatively is logical fields rather than logical band lines. These logical fields can be placed on top of each other and as long as the conditions are mutually exclusive, you will only see one of them in the output.____Kathleen__R&R Support