connecting to mdb through ODBC

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
qirun

connecting to mdb through ODBC

Post by qirun » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:25 pm

Hi Kathleen,____This my first post to this forum and I^m the one that using the R&R reports since version 10. So please don^t let me down on my first post to this forum, would you? :-)____Ok here^s the scope,____Right after we purchased the R&R v11 for the SQL Edition we are moving our database to access table (mdb),__Somehow, R&R is having trouble reading the table inside the MDB files (Microsoft Access)on the network through the ODBCD. I can tell that the table existed and I can easily pulled the record in to Microsoft excel using the same method (odbcd).__I tried to select different mdb files but somehow R&R keep reading the one that previously connected (readable).__But when we moves the database on local drive, R&R is not having problem to read the data, it can pulled any data/table/record on the mdb files.____Please help me to find a quick solution for this probelm.____Thanks,____Khairun

kfleming

=> RE: connecting to mdb through ODBC

Post by kfleming » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:30 pm

When you create the ODBC datasource make sure that you use the Select button to select the location of the MDB file.____Kathleen__R&R Support

Bilzyteads

==> RE: connecting to mdb through ODBC

Post by Bilzyteads » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:28 pm

Yes we did select the correct mdb, but seem that R&R always remembering the previous successful mdb. I did the same thing with Microsoft excel and I never have the problem.____Thanks,____Khairun____>When you create the ODBC datasource make sure that you use __>the Select button to select the location of the MDB file. __>__>Kathleen __>R&R Support __

Bilzyteads

===> RE: connecting to mdb through ODBC

Post by Bilzyteads » Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:41 pm

Hi Kathleen, Can you help us?____Thanks,____Khairun

Bilzyteads

Post by Bilzyteads » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:41 pm

I will explain more, I managed successfully select the correct MDB, but every time I tried to select the table it always gave the previous table from the previous mdb.____Can you help?____Thanks!

Bilzyteads

Post by Bilzyteads » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:41 pm

I will explain more, I managed successfully select the correct MDB, but every time I tried to select the table it always gave the previous table from the previous mdb.__Can you help?____Thanks!

qirun

Post by qirun » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:41 pm

Hi I try will explain more, I managed successfully select the correct MDB, but every time I tried to select the table it always gave the previous table from the previous mdb.__Can you help?____Thanks!

kfleming

Post by kfleming » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:43 pm

What if you create a new report and select the Datasource. Does it show the correct tables?____Kathleen__R&R Support

Bilzyteads

====> RE: connecting to mdb through ODBC

Post by Bilzyteads » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:07 pm

Hi Kathleen,____Sorry for the multiple post...__Nope, it doesn^t work with new reports or even I tried to restart the computer before and after...____Thanks__

qirun

=====> RE: connecting to mdb through ODBC

Post by qirun » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:35 pm

>Hi Kathleen, __>__>Sorry for the multiple post... __>Nope, it doesn^t work with new reports or even I tried to __>restart the computer before and after... __>__>Thanks ______Hi Can you help??