error : cannot read xxx file

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
Chet_(Guest)

error : cannot read xxx file

Post by Chet_(Guest) » Tue Nov 06, 2001 5:15 pm

Hello,____I have written a report that runs flawlessly inside the report designer, but when running it via RRWRUN.exe it fails with the error message "cannot read xxx file". The report as written is supposed to create a file but it will crash with the same error even if I change the program to send it to a printer. It does create about 2/3 of the file before it fails. It fails from the server as well as clients. Thanks in advance for the help.____Regards,____Chet

kfleming

=> RE: error : cannot read xxx file

Post by kfleming » Wed Nov 07, 2001 7:05 am

A cannot read usually means an index problem.__Are you using the exact same data files with the designer and in runtime?__You may need to send me your files so that I can determine the real source of the problem. I do not know of any reason why only runtime would give this error.____Kathleen__R&R Support

JeffBarefoot

=> RE: error : cannot read xxx file

Post by JeffBarefoot » Thu Nov 08, 2001 4:56 am

I^ve gotten that message before when the runtime can^t find a data file, but that wouldn^t make sense if your report is running partially before crashing.____Did you look in rrunout.dbf to see if there^s an error message?__