export CSV file with setSortField

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
john

export CSV file with setSortField

Post by john » Wed Dec 28, 2005 5:48 pm

__When I export report to .csv file with standalone control file, it working. control file like this:__RI_REPORT= C:***.RSW__RI_PRINTER=CSV__RI_WPTR=R&R PDF Export__RI_OUTFILE=c:***.txt____However, when I run with API ______setPrinter( reportId, "R&R PDF Export" );__setOutputDest(reportId,"CSV");__setOutputFile( reportId, "c:***.txt" )____it gives me a error message: "No fields to export on selected line"____How should I set the correct selected line with API?____Thanks______

kfleming

=> export CSV file with setSortField

Post by kfleming » Thu Dec 29, 2005 4:24 pm

CSV export uses the export line that is saved in the report in the Export dialog. If there is no saved line, it defaults to a record band line.____Kathleen__R&R Support

john

==> CSV export

Post by john » Thu Dec 29, 2005 5:43 pm

>CSV export uses the export line that is saved in the report __>in the Export dialog. If there is no saved line, it defaults __>to a record band line. __>__>Kathleen __>R&R Support ______Thanks a lot! ____How can I set up Export Line via API, not from Export Dialog?__If we setup export line once, in the future, the data in report are changed, the export line need to reset again or not?____Thanks____

kfleming

===> RE: CSV export

Post by kfleming » Fri Dec 30, 2005 10:44 am

There is not currently a way to select the export line via the API.____Kathleen__R&R Support