labels won^t hold printer settings

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
bobalmighty

labels won^t hold printer settings

Post by bobalmighty » Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:03 pm

Using R&R SQL 10 and I^ve run into a problem when printing labels.__I will select print from the File menu which brings up the dialog box and then I select the printer to change it^s printing preferences. I change the paper type to thick lables so the printer will apply more heat to the toner but when I print them it obviously hasn^t acted on that change I made since the toner just smears off the paper labels. When the paper type is changed from the default (Plain) paper, my printer (a Dell 3100cn color laser) usually pauses and requests that the correct type of paper be inserted and it is not doing this, it can be deduced therefore that the paper type change was not received. I could find no place within RR10 to instruct the program to save the printer setting changes. Anyone have any ideas as to how to do this? The only way I can print labels now is to go into the Control PanelPrinters and change the printer defaults and then change them back after I^m through.