linking same table over & over

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
JaniceBrips

linking same table over & over

Post by JaniceBrips » Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:34 pm

I have a client that is linking to the same table over and over using a calculated linking field and giving each link an alias.____he has hit number 16 and is receiving error "insufficient file handles" on a win7 machine.____has he hit a wall? is there a setting somewhere?

cstrasser

=> RE: linking same table over & over

Post by cstrasser » Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:29 pm

In previous versions of Windows there might have been an issue. However, with Windows 7, I don^t think there should be.____To test this, I created a simple report with a master table and 17 different calculated linking fields (LinkA - LinkQ).____I linked the master table 17 times to the same table, giving it a new alias each time (JCA - JCQ). I saved / closed the report periodically.____Finally, just after LinkP (16), I closed R&R completely (after saving) and then loaded it again and added the 17th link. There were no issues and the report runs properly.____Can you give some additional information on your situation?
Chris Strasser
Liveware Publishing, Inc.
Work bigger.