Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
Maria_T_Jimenez_(Guest)

Post by Maria_T_Jimenez_(Guest) » Mon Apr 02, 2001 10:34 pm

Recently I^ve been getting this message when attempting to preview or print a report with R&R version 8.0 for Xbase: Error retrieving printer information. The message does not appera among the error messages in the help and it does not allow me to use the File/Print... option to say change the chosen printer. The report is complex and was a looot of work so I would really like to know if there is a way to fix it rather than doing the report again.

kfleming

=> RE: message: Error retrieving printer information

Post by kfleming » Tue Apr 03, 2001 8:08 am

What printer are you using?__Can you print the report if you select a different printer?____Kathleen__R&R Support

Dave_Francis_(Guest)

==> RE: message: Error retrieving printer information

Post by Dave_Francis_(Guest) » Wed Apr 04, 2001 5:44 am

I don^t know if this is related, but we have a user with W95 clients on a NT4 network using Token ring. All network printers are HP lasers with JetDirect (or equivalent) connections to the network. With 8.0 and 8.1 of RR, any user who does not have a local printer defined, gets a Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) as soon as they go to the File|Print menu in RR or try and print using runtime. Just defining a local printer solves this problem.

Maria_T_Jimenez_(Guest)

==> RE: message: Error retrieving printer information

Post by Maria_T_Jimenez_(Guest) » Wed Apr 04, 2001 9:52 pm

I cannot change the printer beacuse I get the message as soon as I try either File/Print.. or the Print Preview. I even tried changing the default printer in Windows.

kfleming

===> RE: message: Error retrieving printer information

Post by kfleming » Thu Apr 05, 2001 4:56 am

Does the problem occur for just this one report?____Kathleen__R&R Support