missing images report

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
botbswco

missing images report

Post by botbswco » Fri Jan 02, 2015 8:36 pm

I^m converting an old VB6 app, currently running on XP, to visual studio, but before I can do that, I have to get it working to run on Win7. I^ve uninstalled RR Ver 10, and installed Ver 12.5. In report designer, a report that includes an image from a .bmp file appears as it should in print preview. However, when running the VB6 app, the report runs OK but doesn^t display the .bmp image. No errors are displayed. I^ve put copies of the image inport DLL files in the directory that contains the report code and the program filesliveware publishing eportworks infinity folder. I^ve also changed the rsw.ini in windows so that the progdir32 parm points to the application program folder. No luck with anything I^ve tried.____I would appreciate any help or ideas.

cstrasser

=> RE: missing images report

Post by cstrasser » Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:48 pm

Where is your image file? Is it a variable graphic that uses the blank.bmp file?____I^ve had issues with reports using images if I^ve only specified the relative path to a folder (i.e. .imagespicture.bmp) and I^ve had to change it to a full path.____If you^re having the issue in runtime, check the runtime output file (.OUT or RRUNOUT.DBF) to see if there^s a message that might be illustrative.
Chris Strasser
Liveware Publishing, Inc.
Work bigger.

botbswco

==> RE: missing images report

Post by botbswco » Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:01 am

Resolved:____Chris, Thanks for your reply. Problem turned out to be report authored in old Arpeggio V6. When opened in V12.5 the image file was actually interpreted as being a table column. Solution was to simply delete the image object and re-insert it as a file. Don^t understand why it would display properly in designer without the change and not in run-time. Image was static bmp stored in the same folder as the report file.