multiple table details

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
David_(Guest)

multiple table details

Post by David_(Guest) » Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:05 pm

Working on a sign-off report for payroll, with the following format on each page for each employee:____Header: pay period: (date range)__employee name__(first section of report)__list details from table "hours paid" file of that employee__sub total__(second section of report)__list details from table "time clock punches" file of that employee__subtotal____next page______I did the first section with the hours paid, how do I add the second section for time clock punch?____Thanks.______

kfleming

=> RE: multiple table details

Post by kfleming » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:14 pm

What you have is a multiple scan relation where a parent record has more than one scanned child at the same relation level.__There is a chapter in the help file that describes how to work with reports with this kind of relation structure.____Kathleen__R&R Support

David_(Guest)

==> RE: multiple table details

Post by David_(Guest) » Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:58 pm

I have setup the scan table for "hours paid" and "clock punches". But for the life of me, I cannot see how to change the band line properties to scan the two tables. It always band on "Record".

kfleming

===> RE: multiple table details

Post by kfleming » Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:43 am

You add two record lines on the report, one with fields from the first scanned table and the second with the fields from the second scan. You then use Band Line Properties to select the appropriate scan table for each of these band lines.____Kathleen__R&R Support