mysql odbc connector selects infinitely

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
DannyTrafe

mysql odbc connector selects infinitely

Post by DannyTrafe » Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:27 pm

I had to reinstall Windows on my computer (8.1) last week, and am trying to get R&R SQL working again, reading from a MySQL database.__I have created a MySQL ODBC data source that works from within Excel.____But when I try to run a report from R&R SQL it never stops selecting. __I^m running R&R v 12.5, I have tried MySQL connector v 5.1 and v5.3 but it makes no difference.____I even tried created a virtual Windows XP machine and the same thing happens on it. ____If I use SQL Server Native client on a SQL server database, that works fine.____Does anyone have any ideas?__Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Michaelabunk

=> RE: mysql odbc connector selects infinitely

Post by Michaelabunk » Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:19 am

Me too. I^m going to try older connectors. __

Dutch

==> RE: mysql odbc connector selects infinitely

Post by Dutch » Tue May 31, 2016 12:14 am

It has checkbox in ODBC setup__Tab : Connection__Enable automatic reconnect __Tab : Misc__Enable safe option (see documentation)____Hope it will help.

Chris_Strasser_(Guest)

=> RE: mysql odbc connector selects infinitely

Post by Chris_Strasser_(Guest) » Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:12 pm

Most versions of R&R attempt to do a cross-join when opening a report to verify that the tables are all present. Depending on the number of tables you have and their size, you might be hit with a significant wait for your report to open.____In some cases, your report might never open because the resultset is so large that it creates a monstrous scratch file. Some servers are smarter than others and handle these joins better.____We^ve recently made some modifications for another customer that addressed this cross-join issue specifically. Let me know if you^d like to test it and I^ll send you a beta version of the program.____The other thing to remember with MySQL is to click "Force use of forward-only cursors" on the Cursors / Results tab.