output to PDF file

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
davidm

output to PDF file

Post by davidm » Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:58 am

Infinity seems to have a problem with output to a PDF file. I kept getting an error message that says "When you create a PostScript file you have to send the host fonts. Please got to the printer properties, "Adobe PDF Settings" page and turn OFF the option "Do not send fonts to Distiller".__After finally getting past that message, the resulting file is always considered corrupted by Adobe Reader 8 and it won^t open it because it is "either not a supported file type or because the file has been damaged (for example, it was sent as an email attachement and wasn^t correctly decoded". These are Adobe error messages.____I also can^t figure out how to calculate the total number of pages in a report so as to indicate "Page 1 of 10" or "Page 3 of 10" or something like that on each page.____Can you enlighten me on these issues.____david

davidm

==> RE: output to PDF file

Post by davidm » Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:54 am

Kathleen! You have worked a miracle. Un-checking "Print to File" was the trick.____Sadly, the LASTPAGE() function hasn^t solved the number of pages issue. I have numerous sales orders in a report, and each order has a unique number and has numerous pages. Is there a way to do that Page 1 of xxx by a Group or a accumulation reset that will tell me how many total pages in each sales order contained within the report?____Thanks,____david

kfleming

=> RE: output to PDF file

Post by kfleming » Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:10 am

Do not check the print to file box and the distiller should prompt you for a file name or create the PDF using a default name.____The LASTPAGE() function returns the total number of pages in a report and the PAGE() function returns the current page number.______Kathleen__R&R Support