passing multi-line fields

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
SMcNaughton

passing multi-line fields

Post by SMcNaughton » Thu Aug 29, 2002 10:02 am

Hi Kathleen,____I solved the ability to use arrays in RR9. Now my last task before release is to pass a "Criteria" field. This field is developed from the screen controls and I have no way of knowing how long it will be. ____I created an riparam("pCriteria") and that works OK for small reports. However, my larger ones cause "Fatal Error. Save your report, and exit the program (9)". BTW, As this is a runtime, there is no way for my user to "save their report".____The length of the criteria field is 255. If I reduce the length of the line by 40 or so characters, it prints but is not adequate. (255 is not hardly adequate.)____1) can you use a memo field? (Will RI_PARAM() recognize that?)__2) Would a large block of string data coming from CDLL() work? (this would be a lot of work, but a possible solution ) If so, how would it be treated? as a ^memo^ or as a ^field^?__3) I can^t use ri_memo because I am already doing so. Do you have any other suggestions?____Thanks.____Steve____