printing bar codes with R&R 5.1 xbase edition

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
larry_mckinnon_(Guest)

printing bar codes with R&R 5.1 xbase edition

Post by larry_mckinnon_(Guest) » Sun Apr 01, 2001 12:37 pm

I would like to know if I can print bar codes on my reports using R&R xbase version 5.1. I seem to remember several years ago with an older version something about printing out bar codes. Can anyone help on this and guide me in the right direction? What I want to do is print out a report by machine code. Then take a bar code scanner to input the machine id code into the computer. Seems pretty simple to do, but I can^t find anything about it. ____Larry__Larry@theMcKinnons.com__

Michael_Hoffmann_(Guest)

=> RE: printing bar codes with R&R 5.1 xbase edition

Post by Michael_Hoffmann_(Guest) » Mon Apr 02, 2001 9:57 am

Hi Larry,____I^m also still using R&R 5. I^m in the lucky position to almost exclusively print to KYOCERA printers. Using their Prescribe language makes it a breeze to create barcodes. The biggest problem to solve is to fool R&R about what^s happening. I created a hypothetical font (ultra small) and always print the barcode commands on separate lines with a height of 0. The size of the barcode to be printed can easily be controlled with the prescribe commands. ____Maybe your printer does support barcode commands as well!?____HTH____Michael.