problem creating new report

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
dambros

problem creating new report

Post by dambros » Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:55 am

I want to create a new report that is based on a current report. The query in the old report is __SELECT___*__FROM___TSDB.V_PRFTFINL_REPORT__ORDER BY ___TX_DEPT_GRP,___INPUT_ID,___PERIOD_DATE,___ENTP_ID,___CNTRY_CODE,___ST_CD,___LEDGER_NAME,___MAIN_ACCT,___SUB_ACCT,___CPOI,___COMPUTER_PROJECT_ID,___BUSINESS_PROCESS_CODE,___BUSINESS_ACTIVITY_CODE____The new report will have the same information with out the state detail. I tried a few thing then resorted to ended up creating a new view TSDB.V_PRFTFINL_REPORT_NO_STATE that didn^t have any state data. Would there have been a way to chang the sql using the old view to get the same result? I tried putting in group by statements but I couldn^t get that to work.____Thank you for your help.

kfleming

=> RE: problem creating new report

Post by kfleming » Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:41 am

Do you have grouping levels in the report with the information placed on group band lines? Grouping controls the granularity of the displayed data.____Kathleen__R&R Support

Laresml

==> RE: problem creating new report

Post by Laresml » Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:20 pm

Not sure what is meant by a band line? I did try the grouping sort order. and also tried to put a group by phase in the sql____diane 303 308 5591 today 719 836 2092 tomorrow

kfleming

===> RE: problem creating new report

Post by kfleming » Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:38 pm

A band line is the basic building block of a report. When you open a report in the designer, there is a band line indicator on the left hand side. A page header/footer prints once per page. A title/summary prints once per report, a record band prints for each individual record and a group header/footer prints once per change in group. So the type of band line you use for your report data controls the report output.____Kathleen__R&R Support