Can^t change DataDirectory

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
DAVE_I

Can^t change DataDirectory

Post by DAVE_I » Sun Sep 30, 2007 4:44 pm

I^m using the OCX controls of R&R Infinity. For one report I^ve needed to create a couple of DBF files (by exporting from other reports) and then launch a 3rd report which uses the data from those 2 DBF files. Everything is working great EXCEPT my users will not have those DBF files in the same folder as where I created them. Most of my other files in this application come from a MDB file on a shared drive. I plan to put the DBF files on their local machine and am successful at that. The problem is this: prior to running the 3rd report which needs to work with the files in a location different from where I designed the report I entered some code to tell it where to look for the data files. I did it with this code (VB.NET) (I^ve put blank lines between the code here):__ Dim s_ApplicationStartupPath As String = Application.StartupPath.ToString()____Me.RSReport1.DataDirectory = s_ApplicationStartupPath____I can successfully change the ReportName and MasterTable with very similar code, but in the debugger no value is passed to the RSReport1.DataDirectory - it just stays blank even though the variable I^m supplying it has the proper value. Any clues?

DAVE_I

=> RE: Can^t change DataDirectory

Post by DAVE_I » Sun Sep 30, 2007 5:56 pm

I found my problem. For some reason, it needed this syntax:__Me.RSReport1.DataDirectory() = s_ApplicationStartupPath____Most of the report objects do not need the "()" after the name.