terminal services print only 1 page

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
Jeannie

terminal services print only 1 page

Post by Jeannie » Fri Feb 21, 2003 6:04 pm

users under terminal services are getting just one page of a multipage report. (RR9 runtime)____If going to preview, RR aborts when user tries to go to second page.__If printing, just one page prints.__This happens with all printers.____Giving users dom administrator rights makes it work, but is not acceptable.____Any suggestions?____TIA,__Jeannie__

pdempsey

=> terminal services print 1 page

Post by pdempsey » Tue Feb 25, 2003 2:15 am

Be sure that you installed R&R by using add/remove programs from the control panel. If you install software on the server just by putting in the CD and running setup, it will not run right on TS.____I^ve tried very long reports on TS and they display just fine in V9.008 runtime. Just ran a 481 pager.____Also check to see what your virus scanner settings are. The scan preferences can bring R&R down to something that looks like a freeze if you are checking all packets to and from the server with some of the scanners.____BTW, the TS for Windows 2003 is really very good. Try installing the RC2 beta. Also be sure to review the new TS licensing for 2003. It is very different.____ANYONE trying to reply to this thread, you need to shorten the subject.

Jeannie

==> RE: terminal services print 1 page

Post by Jeannie » Tue Feb 25, 2003 10:34 am

thanks. Found the problem for this site (had no trouble at others).__The "tmp" folder was set to C: - not available for TS users.__I use the tmp folder for /O status file parameter.__Evidently R&R writes to output _after_ moving from first page so error did not strike until then.____Will look into your comments about latest TS, sound good <g>. Does it allow file transfer? And is it as fast as Citrix?____-Jeannie

pdempsey

===> RE: terminal services print 1 page

Post by pdempsey » Wed Feb 26, 2003 3:56 am

[updated:LAST EDITED ON Feb-26-03 AT 03:58 AM (EST)]I make it a practice not to mess with temp files. I like to just let windows handle that. I figure that if temp files work, let them work. :-)____It does allow file transfer. I use windows explorer and just copy and paste from TS network to local drive. It also allows you to set up a serial port. Have not tried that. Have not gotten the sound to play locally either.____Can^t say anything about the speed. I have to make my TS desktop a different color than my local one so I don^t shut down the wrong machine (admin rights).____The 2003 client works just fine on 98, 2K and, of course, comes with XP.____-Pat-