updating .dbf table

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
SSL_(Guest)

updating .dbf table

Post by SSL_(Guest) » Mon Mar 27, 2006 4:33 pm

How can I use RR 10+ to update information in a .dbf?____Please note that I need to actually replace existing information with new information - not just append.

Rick_Johnson_(Guest)

=> RE: updating .dbf table

Post by Rick_Johnson_(Guest) » Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:53 pm

I do not think you can do this. In fact, I hope you cannot. One of the beauties of R&R is the ability to write reports for yourself and end users and keep the data separate from the reporter. The only thing you can do to dbf files is view the result set and keep that or export to a dBase type file. In either of these, you are really exporting the report. There is no ability to append or change the data in a source table.

Randallpruts

==> RE: updating .dbf table

Post by Randallpruts » Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:45 pm

Hi Rick,____>> I do not think you can do this. In fact, I hope you cannot. One of the beauties of R&R is the ability to write reports for yourself and end users and keep the data separate from the reporter. <<____Make-believe separate isn^t quite the same as Advantage-support separate, is it? <g>____Derek__