xbase version 12 runtime error

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
markldr

xbase version 12 runtime error

Post by markldr » Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:42 am

Hi, I^m running xbase version 12 runtime reports from an application. ____I have this problem on just one of my computers. For some reason, certain reports simply stopped working on this computer a few days ago. When I try to run them, I see the records being selected for viewing and then the report simply closes by itself. There were also a few times where the same report closed by itself the moment I tried to run it.____I tried to reinstall RR writer, that didn^t work. I tried to delete my temporary file, that didn^t work. I also tried to log in to Windows using a different profile, but that didn^t work either. ____This problem is only happening on this one computer, the rest of my computers can run the reports with no problem.____Apart from formatting this PC, any suggestions on what I can to do to try to solve this issue?____Regards, Mark

kfleming

=> RE: xbase version 12 runtime error

Post by kfleming » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:27 am

Can you open the report in the designer on the bad machine so you can better troubleshoot what is going on?____Kathleen__R&R Support

Mark_(Guest)

==> RE: xbase version 12 runtime error

Post by Mark_(Guest) » Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:35 am

Hi Kathleen,____Is there a way for me to retrieve the password if I previously set a password on the report but forgot it?____Regards, Mark

markldr

==> RE: xbase version 12 runtime error

Post by markldr » Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:36 am

Dear Kathleen,____I have tried to run the same report in Designer, and it actually runs fine, so I guess the problem is limited to the runtime report.____I tried to reinstall some windows drivers today, but that didn^t work either.____Any ideas?____Regards, Mark

kfleming

===> RE: xbase version 12 runtime error

Post by kfleming » Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:46 am

What happens if you double click execute rrwrun.exe and manually select the report?____Kathleen__R&R Support