Cannot access master table

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
DAVE_I

Cannot access master table

Post by DAVE_I » Sun Sep 30, 2007 6:41 pm

I^m using R&R Infinity for SQL. Most of my reports are based on an MDB, however I^ve created one report that uses 2 dbf files as the source data (no MDB involved in this report). I^m using the OCX controls to run the report. I^ll end up distributing the reports and application and am not sure where the user will end up installing the application. When I call the report viewer and make it use the data files in the same folder as where I developed the reports originally, it works fine. When I put them somewhere else (I^m using application startup path as the new location for datafiles), I get this error "cannot access master table ^perc1emp.dbf^" That is indeed the name of the master table. I^m using the RSREPORT.MasterTable to point to the new location. I^m also setting the RSREPORT.DataDirectory to the new location. ____Do I need to do something to the RSReport.DataSource or to the RSReport.DB or some other control? If so, what?

DAVE_I

=> RE: Cannot access master table

Post by DAVE_I » Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:05 pm

I discovered the problem: I needed to create an ODBC datasource for dbase and point it to the folder where I had sent the dbf files.;-)