Cannot execute Viewer EXE:

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
Michael

Cannot execute Viewer EXE:

Post by Michael » Mon Mar 01, 2004 1:26 pm

[updated:LAST EDITED ON Mar-01-04 AT 02:04 PM (EST)]We use Rapid Runner 2.0 for R&R Ver. Version: 10+ xBase Build: 10.1.003SP3 Serial Number: s4343O8816. We have several Rapid Runner report sets which we^ve been using since 1.x. We replaced a particular workstation, which has always been used to run two particular report sets, with a brand new Compaq Evo Pentium workstation. We installed R&R and it works fine but I now receive the following error msg when I attempt to run even one report in the set, let alone the entire set. I can run each report individually within R&R itself but not in Rapid Runner.____I can run this report set from some workstations but not all, not even my own(same error msg).____Librarian=OFF.__DICTIONARY=0____ERROR MSG:__Individual report from G:DATARR_Report_WriterUserReport_SetsMonth EndAR Reports.set__3/1/04 12:30 pm-12:30 pm (0:00:00) Transaction by Date Check 50 // Lo= // Hi= // Q=armast01->ARSTAT#"V".AND.armast01->CURRENT=" ".AND.armast01->INVNO#"_RECEIPT" // Parameters: __!! Cannot execute Viewer EXE: error code 2____Thank you for your assistance,__Michael__here are a few specs on one of the reports in this set:__Report Name: G:DATARR_Report_WriterUserPatCash Group Members.RRW__Date: 03/01/2004 Time: 10:52:26 Report Version: 8.01__

kfleming

=> RE: Cannot execute Viewer EXE:

Post by kfleming » Mon Mar 01, 2004 6:22 pm

The error Cannot execute Viewer EXE: error code 2 means that the Defaults section your RRW.INI file does not contain the line PROGDIR32= followed by the path to the runtime executable.____Kathleen__R&R Support__

Michael

==> RE: Cannot execute Viewer EXE:

Post by Michael » Tue Mar 02, 2004 3:00 pm

Thank you Kathleen, I knew I could count on your for the solution! I searched your forum archives and this incident did not come up. Does Liveware have an online knowledgebase of any kind? Thank you again for your tremendous help.____Michael H____>The error Cannot execute Viewer EXE: error code 2 means that __>the Defaults section your RRW.INI file does not contain the __>line PROGDIR32= followed by the path to the runtime __>executable. __>__>Kathleen __>R&R Support __