Cannot open Database Table <Advantage Database Server>

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
Paul_Hooper_(Guest)

Cannot open Database Table <Advantage Database Server>

Post by Paul_Hooper_(Guest) » Thu Jun 21, 2001 12:00 pm

I am getting the error message "Cannot open Database table [ Table may be in use]" when trying to use my main live databases,I presume it is a file locking problem - I am using Advantage Database Server on a Novell Network [R&R v9] has anyone any ideas as this results in me having to use non live archive Data.

kfleming

=> RE: Cannot open Database Table <Advantage Database Server>

Post by kfleming » Fri Jun 22, 2001 4:48 am

From the R&R side, make sure that the Allow users to update tables in use by R&R checkbox is enabled in Options->Default Settings.____Kathleen__R&R Support

Bob_Powell_(Guest)

=> RE: Cannot open Database Table <Advantage Database Server>

Post by Bob_Powell_(Guest) » Fri Jun 22, 2001 7:06 am

Yes, thanks Kathleen I have done that - no good. Having done some further investigation the problem is confined to just one machine on our network, all the others report fine off the live data but mine won^t. Reports start to run o.k. but seem to slow and pause then crash part way through as though it^s a problem with buffers or memory or something. Having done that I can^t then re-access the report library etc. until I log out of Novell and back in again. I have reinstalled the R&R software also the Novell drivers etc. any Ideas?

Paul_Hooper_(Guest)

==> RE: Cannot open Database Table <Advantage Database Server>

Post by Paul_Hooper_(Guest) » Fri Jun 22, 2001 9:24 am

We are having that problem when a particular report is run to print envelopes... the R&R report runs but it definitely is locking the dbf file in such a way that no other user can open the file. I have check the users R&R default settings and they have "Allow other users to access tables ... " checked. The machine that is running the report is using version 8.1 and has Win2000 installed.