Change in Forum Status

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
kfleming

Change in Forum Status

Post by kfleming » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:01 am

Due to the recent large number of spam postings, I have changed the forum so that all messages will now be queued prior to appearing in the forum. So when you post a message, it will not appear immediately.__I am sorry to take this action and will try to review messages several times a day. The only messages that will be deleted are those that are spam in nature. ____Previous messages in this forum have been archived but are still available upon request.____Thank you for your patience.______Kathleen__R&R Support

engladCax

=> RE: Change in Forum Status

Post by engladCax » Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:35 pm

Does this mean that I no longer have access to the forum posts any time I need them? This forum has been a very valuable asset to me for many years. It would be a serious loss to have to do without it. The support of KFleming is one of a short list of reasons I still use R&R Report Writer for all my development work. I am an Infinity customer.____Cal Kaschub

Robert_Seidman

=> RE: Change in Forum Status

Post by Robert_Seidman » Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:35 pm

Where has the forum gone?

kfleming

==> RE: Change in Forum Status

Post by kfleming » Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:39 pm

The forum has had a recent attack from spam posters. For a while I simply took the forum to moderated status but then needed to spend considerable time getting rid of the spam messages. Starting over seems to have for the moment driven them away and hopefully I will be able to restore all of the old messages.____Thanks for your patience while I try to cope with this problem.____Regards,____Kathleen__R&R Support

rboatright

===> RE: Change in Forum Status

Post by rboatright » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:57 am

Where you unable to ever restore the old messages? We used to use them as a reference. ____Also, does DCForum not have the ability to send a confirmation email on signup? That reduces spamage quite a bit. __

kfleming

====> RE: Change in Forum Status

Post by kfleming » Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:40 pm

You can view all of the old messages in the archive forum.____Kathleen__R&R Support

Robert_Seidman

=====> RE: Change in Forum Status

Post by Robert_Seidman » Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:10 pm

Kathleen:____Can you update the status of the R&R forum?

kfleming

======> RE: Change in Forum Status

Post by kfleming » Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:23 pm

We had changed things so that posts are immediately available however since the spammers are back, the forum is once again in moderated status so that any post will not be visible until it has been screened.__Sorry for this inconvenience...______Kathleen__R&R Support

Robert_Seidman

=======> RE: Change in Forum Status

Post by Robert_Seidman » Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:30 am

Just wondering whether this forum is still active. I greatly appreciated the it(as well as Kathleen^s sage advice), and hope that both are still alive and well.