Changing Currency Symbol

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
John_(Guest)

Changing Currency Symbol

Post by John_(Guest) » Wed Apr 04, 2001 9:51 am

Is it possible to have an R&R report automatically use the Windows Regional Settings Currency Symbol for currency fields?____If not is there a quick way to change reports to use a different currency symbol?____John____

kfleming

=> RE: Changing Currency Symbol

Post by kfleming » Wed Apr 04, 2001 10:09 am

R&R uses the Windows currency symbol that was in effect when the report was created.____If you want to change the currency on an existing report, open the report, then open the Windows control panel and reselect the currency you wish to use. If the currently displayed currency is actually the one you want, you need to reselect something different and then reselect the original in order to activate the Apply button. Hit Apply then OK and close the control panel.__When you go back to R&R, the currency should be changed.__If you save the report, that change will be preserved.____I hope that this helps.____Kathleen__R&R Support

Michael_Hoffmann_(Guest)

==> RE: Changing Currency Symbol

Post by Michael_Hoffmann_(Guest) » Thu Apr 05, 2001 1:47 pm

Hi Kathleen,____it^s me again. I^ve got the same problem with Russian Rubels, German Marks, French Francs, Swiss Francs, Belgian Francs, English Pounds, Spanish Pesetas, Bosnian Dontremembers, Czech Kronas, European EUROs, ...____Multiply this with the number of financial reports we have (let^s just say lots...) and soon you will know why I don^t use the currency format. :-(____As I already posted in the requested features section an international R&R version which would allow us to enter this information in addition to all the other runtime messages would be very much appreciated.____Sorry to bother you again...____Michael.__