Changing index location

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
MIke_Csom_(Guest)

Changing index location

Post by MIke_Csom_(Guest) » Wed Feb 02, 2005 3:47 pm

Whenever I change the folder for the master table, all of the related tables locations change, but their index remain in the original location.____Is there any way to have R&R change the related tables index location without going into each one separately?____Thanks,____Mike

kfleming

=> RE: Changing index location

Post by kfleming » Wed Feb 02, 2005 4:36 pm

You would need to change them individually I am afraid.____Kathleen__R&R Support

Nick

==> RE: Changing index location

Post by Nick » Wed Feb 02, 2005 8:16 pm

the fact that the index settings do not follow the master dbf has been a problem with R&R for years - i guess we have just gotten used to resetting everything one-at-a-time.____it would be nice to have R&R ask "do you want to reset the index files ?" when you change the master dbf. i^m sure the answer would normally be YES.__maybe this could make an enhancement list somewhere..____nick__

planbe

===> RE: Changing index location

Post by planbe » Fri Feb 04, 2005 12:00 am

Temporarily rename the directory with the index files so that R&R doesn^t automatically find them. Then open/save the report and then rename the directory back to the original name.