Changing to Landscape mode problem

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
Mel_Smith_(Guest)

Changing to Landscape mode problem

Post by Mel_Smith_(Guest) » Sat Aug 25, 2007 4:10 pm

Kathleen:____ In one of my apps I^m still using an older ^DOS^ version of R&R (Version 6.0a). Just ne of the two dozen reports requires that I change my report format to Landscape mode (on an HP Desk Jet 5650).____ My problem is that the 5650 printer is connected via a USB port, and when I send the printer control sequence - sendprint(Chr27),"&l3a") - the control sequences ^hangs^ the app.____Question: Is there any way this older RR version can itself send the apropriate ^landscape^ sequence ??__

kfleming

=> Changing to Landscape mode problem

Post by kfleming » Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:06 am

Try running RRSETUP.EXE, select the printer and then choose interface. If you have selected parallel You can try setting all of the Check settings to No and see if that helps. You only get to pick either parallel or serial and USB is not really either. So you may in the end need to print to a file and then use some other application (like the Windows runtime version of R&R) to send the file to the printer.____Kathleen__R&R Support

Mel_Smith_(Guest)

==> Changing to Landscape mode problem

Post by Mel_Smith_(Guest) » Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:57 pm

Kathleen:____ Thru another ng yesterday, I found another solution:____ net use lpt1 \mycomputerserver myprintersharename\__/persistent:yes____(I think I^ve copied that correctly ??)____ Anyway, *now* my printer (a usb-connected HP5650 Color Deskjet) is able to receive and act on the Landscape control command (and assumedly on other Control commands also).____ I guess I have to ^windowize^ this report now too____Thanks again.____-Mel Smith______