Command line switches for v5.0a, PLEASE HELP

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
nyNestor

Command line switches for v5.0a, PLEASE HELP

Post by nyNestor » Wed Apr 18, 2001 5:40 pm

Can anyone point me in the direction to documentation on command switches for Concentric Data Systems v5.0a of RR Report Writer. I^ve looked everywhere and cannot find anyting on that version. All I need to know is how to print a report located in a library via a DOS batchfile. Should be simple, I^ve used the /L /R and /G to no avail. Should I use rr.exe or rruntime.exe????____Please help!__Thanks :)

nyNestor

=> RE: Command line switches for v5.0a, PLEASE HELP

Post by nyNestor » Wed Apr 18, 2001 6:21 pm

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Apr-18-01 AT 06:27 PM (EST)[/font][p][font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Apr-18-01 AT 06:23 PM (EST)[/font]____More info:____My libraries are in:____c:itron eportconed1.rp1____the report name is "CON - FOXPRO STATISTICS"____My report writer dir is:____c: r____I have rr.exe and rruntime.exe____I have "CON - FOXPRO STATISTICS" to export the report in dbase format. So far so good. In report writer I select "go" and the .dbf file is generated. How do I call "CON - FOXPRO STATISTICS" from the command line to automatically print?____I^ve tried:____c: r /L<c:itron eportsconed1.rp1> /R<CON - FOXPRO STATISTICS> /G____AND____c: runtime /L<c:itron eportsconed1.rp1> /R<CON - FOXPRO STATISTICS> /G____Do I have to make a contorl file? I know this must be real easy but without documentation, I^m blind...____:(____http://bbs-undergroundnyc.com/ubb/icons/icon2.gif

kfleming

==> RE: Command line switches for v5.0a, PLEASE HELP

Post by kfleming » Wed Apr 18, 2001 6:33 pm

The best way to do this is to create a runtime control file (a database where you add one record for each report) and then use the command line:____RRUN.EXE <control file name> <control file record number>____All of this is described in the R&R manual.____A sample control file called RRUNIN.DBF gets installed to the R&R directory by the RRINSTAL.EXE program.____Kathleen__R&R Support

nyNestor_(Guest)

===> RE: Command line switches for v5.0a, PLEASE HELP

Post by nyNestor_(Guest) » Thu Apr 19, 2001 8:36 am

Hi! Thanks Kathleen.____Just 2 more questions, do I have to include the brackets "c:>rrun.exe <rrunin.dbf> <1>" in the command line and do all the fields in the control file record need to be filled out? My RR Report writer was installed by the database maker (Itron in 1992) and came with no manual and Itron no longer supports RR v5.0a. ____Thanks agian :)

nyNestor_(Guest)

====> RE: Command line switches for v5.0a, PLEASE HELP

Post by nyNestor_(Guest) » Thu Apr 19, 2001 10:50 am

Okay Kathleen! I got it... Only needs the needed parameters "RI_X" ...____Thanks for all your help :) I REALLY, REALLY appriciate it...____:)