Control Table- Export to DBF table ... specify footer?

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
rickmds

Control Table- Export to DBF table ... specify footer?

Post by rickmds » Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:41 pm

Hi__The column settings thus far are:__Ri_Expdat = F__Ri_Printer = X__Ri_Outfile = "ChgPay.dbf__Ri_Query = E____I want to export to a table specifying output using a "Group Footer" which is "2-Rptdate" in the report. How do I specify this in the control table rrwrunin.dbf??__Thanks__Rick

MJLeavy_(Guest)

=> RE: Control Table- Export to DBF table ... specify footer?

Post by MJLeavy_(Guest) » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:33 pm

Just had exactly the same problem with Runtime.__Firing the output to the screen shows valid results but firing to a dbf using X as the ri_printer parameter gives an error message of __"No fields to export on selected line".__Can^t find anything in the RRW documentation that says it doesn^t output summary lines but I can only get it to operate for individual records!__Mike

cstrasser

==> RE: Control Table- Export to DBF table ... specify footer?

Post by cstrasser » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:35 pm

There isn^t a parameter in the runtime input file. The way to handle this is to specify the export settings WITHIN the report itself and save it as you want to export.____If you need variable export capability, you^ll need to have multiple copies of the report and specify the appropriate report with the settings you want.
Chris Strasser
Liveware Publishing, Inc.
Work bigger.