Converting RRW - RP5 - RP1

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
Marcelo_Alaggio_(Guest)

Converting RRW - RP5 - RP1

Post by Marcelo_Alaggio_(Guest) » Tue Sep 17, 2002 1:55 pm

Kathleen,__ok, I understand your point.____The fact is, I developed about 30 reports using RR 9.0 for windows. My customer now decide to print them using an Epson LQ2170. But, as I told you, I am not having success in printing with draft condensed mode. I tried the generic printer driver, but it is very hard to work with (setting page length, the font within the designer is big, etc).__Now I am really considering in rewriting the reports using RR 6.0 for DOS, wich prints very fast and correct to those kind of printers. __I tried to use RRConverter to convert from RRW to RP1 (since there is not a direct way of doing so, I first convert RRW to RP5 and then RP5 to RP1). It seems that the conversion is ok, I receive a message Report Converted. But when I try to open the result rp1 file with RR6 for DOS, I receive the message "Error reading report." .__Please tell me there is a way of convert the RRW reports to RP1, thus saving me a lot of time and work.____Best regards,______Marcelo Alaggio__Delphus Informatica Ltda.__Porto Alegre - RS - Brazil__alaggio@delphus-inf.com.br____