Creating landscape PDF in portrait mode

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
Cliff_Wiernik

Creating landscape PDF in portrait mode

Post by Cliff_Wiernik » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:21 am

For sending to our fax server, we need to create a PDF, using the Amyuni PDF writer for a landscape report so it appears in the PDF in portrait mode. This is the same appearance as if you look at the report as it comes off a standard laser jet printer page (in portrait mode). If you want to view the PDF to read, your would rotate it 90 degrees in the PDF reader.____How do we accomplish this.

Cliff_Wiernik

==> RE: Creating landscape PDF in portrait mode

Post by Cliff_Wiernik » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:49 am

You are probably printing directly to the windows fax driver. That I would expect to work fine.____We are attempting to use the multitech faxfinder ff830 (or any of that series of fax servers). If we use the their T.37 method of sending a fax via an email with the fax being the attached PDF file, for landscape documents, it needs to be rotated 90 degrees from normal landscape mode as shown when the PDF is view. This is as if you see the landscape document in portrait mode in the pdf viewer.____Searching the documentation on the Amyuni site does show this in the PDF create documentation:____Rotate_______Page Rotation._______enum IacRotatePageOption_______-90: acRotatePageLeft____90: acRotatePageRight____180: acRotatePageFull____So my questions is how do I get those settings from Reportworks to the PDF driver.____My version of the PDF driver from Amyuni, version 4.5, does provide in liveware page setup, when selecting the AmyUni PDF driver, landscape rotated, but I don^t really know if and how it works.____Cliff.

cstrasser

=> RE: Creating landscape PDF in portrait mode

Post by cstrasser » Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:10 pm

What fax server do you use? I just faxed a landscape-oriented report directly from my computer to a fax machine in my office (using Windows fax) and the fax machine automatically handled the orientation so that my landscape report appeared properly on the page.____Looking at the properties page of the Amyuni print driver, I don^t see anyplace to tell it to rotate the final image. I think within some PDF readers, you can change the orientation and then save the document with the new layout.____Within R&R, I don^t think there^s a setting to do what you^re asking.
Chris Strasser
Liveware Publishing, Inc.
Work bigger.