Custom page length not available

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
Jeff_Fried_(Guest)

Custom page length not available

Post by Jeff_Fried_(Guest) » Fri Dec 23, 2005 7:54 am

Kathleen,____An Epson FX-890 impact printer is printing to a 7-inch length form, but there is no way I can find within R&R to set the page length. The driver offers a variety of paper sizes, none of which apply, but no option for customizing the page length appears as an option.____Is R&R (v 11) therefore not able to work with this printer/form size?____If not, then why does an existing report written in Alpha Five^s report writer provide a page length option? What is the difference between R&R and another report writer to customize when the printer^s driver does not provide that option? Or is there some hidden feature within R&R that I have not discovered?____Thank you for your help.____Jeff

Robert_Seidman

=> Custom page length

Post by Robert_Seidman » Fri Dec 23, 2005 9:18 am

To create a custom page size in XP go the Control Panel____Go to "Printer and Faxes"____Choose from the menu: File____Server Properties____Create a new form.____Return to R&R ____Select from the menu: File____Page setup.____Hope this helps.____RHS

Jeff_Fried_(Guest)

==> RE: Custom page length

Post by Jeff_Fried_(Guest) » Sun Dec 25, 2005 12:22 pm

Robert,____Thank you for this insight. I didn^t know this XP feature exists.____I tried it, but the form I named and saved doesn^t show up on the list of options. I^ll play with it to see what I^m not doing.____Appreciate it.____Jeff

Jeff_Fried_(Guest)

===> RE: Custom page length

Post by Jeff_Fried_(Guest) » Sun Dec 25, 2005 3:13 pm

Robert,____To follow up, I did get this to work properly. Thanks again.____Jeff

Dan

===> RE: Custom page length

Post by Dan » Tue Feb 14, 2006 5:02 pm

>Robert, __>__>Thank you for this insight. I didn^t know this XP feature __>exists. __>__>I tried it, but the form I named and saved doesn^t show up __>on the list of options. I^ll play with it to see what I^m __>not doing. __>__>Appreciate it. __>__>Jeff ______I am having the same problem, I have added the custom form, but it doesn^t show up in the list of options. What do I need to do to get it to show up in the list?____Dan__