Daily Report Email Export

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
KennethOveva

Daily Report Email Export

Post by KennethOveva » Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:34 pm

Does R&R ReportWorks have the ability to set up a daily scheduled export? I am using ReportWorks in conjunction with Par Springer Miller SMS HOST Property Management System. I have an arrivals report configured in ReportWorks and I would like to configure it to send daily to a pre-determined email address. ____I am able to manually send the report by email, but having trouble determine how to schedule this task on a daily basis.

cstrasser

=> RE: Daily Report Email Export

Post by cstrasser » Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:35 am

You can definitely schedule reports to run as needed and generate exports. My suggestion is to create text shortcuts (.RRS or .RSS files) and set them to execute on a regular basis using the Windows Task Scheduler.____You should note that the e-mail capabilities of the Windows Task Scheduler are pretty terrible. I^ve seen it corrupt attachments, have problems accessing the mailbox and even just fail to execute.____I^ve had success using the program SendEMail with the scheduler (http://caspian.dotconf.net/menu/Software/SendEmail/)____If you^re interested in more details, I can help you configure things, but it will have to be treated as paid consulting: cstrasser at livewarepub dot com
Chris Strasser
Liveware Publishing, Inc.
Work bigger.