Data from multiple tables

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
Jackie_(Guest)

Data from multiple tables

Post by Jackie_(Guest) » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:35 pm

Hi____I am trying to produce a single report showing all the adverts booked within a particular period. The problem is, there are different types of adverts each in a separate table! I know how to do separate reports for each with joins to the customer table, staff table etc, but I can^t see how to do 1 report to include all advert types. ____In the past I have written code to export the data to a temporary table which is a pain, especially due to problems if more than one person runs it at a time. If this is the only option, if I export the data to an access table on the user^s C drive as the master table, can I then set up joins to the sql tables on the server? I normally only use 1 or the other in a report.____Thanks

kfleming

=> RE: Data from multiple tables

Post by kfleming » Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:38 pm

You would need to set up a User SQL report and then UNION 3 select statements together to get information from each of the 3 child tables.____Kathleen__R&R Support