Different record counts per page

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
Jose_(Guest)

Different record counts per page

Post by Jose_(Guest) » Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:36 pm

Hello,____I have a report that is supposed to put 58 records per page. The problem is, some of the computers show 58 records but other computers show 57. The report and dbf file are both accessed through a networked file server. There are four computers. The Windows Server 2003 and one of the XP machines display the record counts correctly. The other two Windows XP machines do not. I am using R&R 12. The only noticeable differences are that the computers are different brands but I don^t think that that would effect the number of records show per page on the report.____Does anyone know what could be causing this? Also, is there a solution for this?____Thanks,__Jose

cstrasser

=> RE: Different record counts per page

Post by cstrasser » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:18 am

The problem could be minor variations in the printer drivers as they^re interpreted by the different computers. The inches / line between 57 and 58 are 0.114 and 0.112, respectively.____As a possible alternative, you could ensure that the report is capable of displaying at least 59 records on a page by tweaking margins, font sizes of characters off-margin on blank lines, manual sizing, additional lines, etc.____Then, create a calculated field called something like "IsBreakPoint" where the expression is ____MOD(Recno_rr, 58)____This will ensure that every 58th record returns "0." Next, add an additional blank band line of the type you^re displaying your records on below the line of data you^re showing and edit its properties. Make it a "New Page Line" and add a condition. This condition will be the IsBreakPoint field and it will be set to "Print When False" (which in the case of a numeric field is equivalent to zero). This will ensure that you only get 58 records per page.
Chris Strasser
Liveware Publishing, Inc.
Work bigger.