Distributing Data Dictionary-files

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
Danny_Serlet_(Guest)

Distributing Data Dictionary-files

Post by Danny_Serlet_(Guest) » Tue Jan 21, 2003 11:32 am

Is it possible to distribute the data of the Data Dictionary Editor together with the R&R Runtime and make it possible the customer can see the field descriptions in the window of "Edit Selection Rules" ?____In the R&R Designer I can see those field descriptions.____Thanks__Danny

DaSe

=> Distributing Data Dictionary-files

Post by DaSe » Thu Jan 23, 2003 9:39 am

May be some extra information..__- since last week we_re using R&R v10.0.011 (xBase-version)__- we_re using the R&R Runtime RRWRUN.EXE in combination with control tables and we start the R&R Runtime from a xBase++ application____All my attempts to have the _Improved Field Listings_ in the R&R Runtime failed. I get only the field names and I don_t see the _Report Dictionary Descriptions_. In the R&R Designer this new feature works fine.____Should I copy one or more files to a particular directory ? Or should I add or change some items to/in the file RRW.INI ?____In our previous version of R&R (v8.1) we could always see the _Report Dictionary Descriptions_ in the R&R Runtime.__I looked in the help-files, but I don_t find some information about the integration of the Data Dictionary with the R&R Runtime.__I hope there is a possibility to integrate these informatie. Without this feature the new version is useless.____Thanks,__Danny__

kfleming

==> Distributing Data Dictionary-files

Post by kfleming » Thu Jan 23, 2003 2:18 pm

Runtime dictionary descriptions are currently NOT working.__We are working on a fix to this and I will let you know once it is available.____Kathleen__R&R Support