I^m not sure what to do

Ask any questions you have about purchasing R&R ReportWorks. Will it work with my operating system? Will it access my database? Can I convert my old reports?
Andrew_Bokelman_(Guest)

I^m not sure what to do

Post by Andrew_Bokelman_(Guest) » Wed Aug 08, 2001 12:23 pm

I^ve used R&R 6.0a DOS for some time now. I didn^t switch to the Windows version because I heard there is no query builder. But now I^m getting a bit fed up with the DOS version because it often looses formating when printing from within Win98 using the spooler.____Anyway, I^m here looking at what is available. The Data Warehouse product looks very appealing. But I^m not sure what it is. Is it a *single* application with an interface like R&R that can work with a variety of file types? If so, how does it connect to these types. Does it work directly with dbf, but must use OLE or ODBC for other file types. Also, is it ready for prime time. IOW, does it have the reliability of R&R 6.0a.____BTW, is there an upgrade price and/or academic price for this software.

kfleming

=> RE: I^m not sure what to do

Post by kfleming » Thu Aug 09, 2001 8:40 am

The data warehouse consists of R&R for Xbase and R&R for SQL installed on the same desktop.__The Xbase version goes direct to DBF files and the SQL version allows you to go anywhere ODBC can take you.__It can then output to DBF which can then be used within the Xbase version.____The world of DOS is gradually fading.__Once you make the transition, I think that you will regret that you had not done it years sooner.____Kathleen__R&R Support