Premier Club for Upgraders

Ask any questions you have about purchasing R&R ReportWorks. Will it work with my operating system? Will it access my database? Can I convert my old reports?
Nick

Premier Club for Upgraders

Post by Nick » Sun Feb 20, 2005 6:00 pm

I received an offer to join the Premiere Club with an upgrade from 10+. I see the pricing on your site is the same as in the letter, so I wanted to check to see if this offer has been extended or if it has expired.

kfleming

=> RE: Premier Club for Upgraders

Post by kfleming » Mon Feb 21, 2005 8:07 am

I believe that the offer is available until the end of February.____Kathleen__R&R Support

Nick

==> RE: Premier Club for Upgraders

Post by Nick » Thu Mar 31, 2005 2:40 am

Well, its not Feb any longer and that was a really good offer, but I^m struggling with a couple of things here - I hope you can offer some guidance.____I distribute R&R with an application in Visual Foxpro 8 to a customer base that is not technically advanced. I own 10+ but still do my reports and distribute them in 8.1. Everything works and the version 9 and 10 runtimes both ran a lot slower than 8.1 when we installed it so we rolled things back to 8.1. ____There are a couple of features of the new versions that I would like to incorporate, and I^ve always purchased the upgrades because I feel its important to stay current and support the continued improvment of R&R. But, this time, in reviewing the 11 documentation, a couple of questions came up that I would like to clarify before deciding whether to continue to stay current:____1. It sounds like the data direct drivers are required on the end user machine to use the V11 runtime with Foxpro files. Is that true? If so, does the same apply to 10+ runtime? ____2. It sounds like the V 11 designer requires that you first uninstall V 8.1. Did I read that right? ____3. If a report is created with V 9, 10 or 11 but has no features not supported in 8.1, would the runtime flash the message about unsupported features, or is that limited to the designer.____Your help and hard work on this board is appreciated. So too are the efforts of the owners of Liveware in keeping this product alive and trying to make it better. It would be nice to hear about the things people like about the new versions once in a while. Maybe a new "kudos" forum for positive posts only would do the trick______________

kfleming

===> RE: Premier Club for Upgraders

Post by kfleming » Thu Mar 31, 2005 8:44 am

And it is almost not March anymore (altough in my part of the world there are still enough piles of snow to make that difficult to believe...)____If you are using Foxpro, it would be better to use the Xbase version and not bother with SQL at all.____Uninstalling any previous version is always the recommended method when doing a new install, but you can at your own risk have multiple versions on a machine. I have in fact lots of them on mine but you need to beware that any files that reside in windows or windowssystem will be updated to the latest release. You also need to manage the location and contents of the rrw.ini/rsw.ini.______It is only the designer that will give the Unrecognized report information warning dialog. Runtime will simply run the report.____Regards,__Kathleen__R&R Support