Print to PCL or ESC/P files

Ask any questions you have about purchasing R&R ReportWorks. Will it work with my operating system? Will it access my database? Can I convert my old reports?
Jason_(Guest)

Print to PCL or ESC/P files

Post by Jason_(Guest) » Tue Nov 21, 2006 9:21 am

We used to work with clipper and R&R xbase edition (8.1) the report runtime (rrw.exe) produced formatted output (.pcl) which was written into files. These files were used by other softwares to be sent to multiple printers, email and faxes. ____We now want to use the same approach, but with MS-Access as database and PC^s running Windows XP (pro)____Question:__Does the runtime console application of R&R 12 (rrw.exe V12?) still have the possibility to create pcl formatted files (for pcl laser printers) and/or ESC/P coded files for epson matrix printers?____(if so we will order R&R directly)____With kind regards,__Jason Buchman

Jason_(Guest)

=> RE: Print to PCL or ESC/P files

Post by Jason_(Guest) » Thu Nov 23, 2006 5:26 am

Can anybody (user or R&R-development) please respond to this question?____

kfleming

==> RE: Print to PCL or ESC/P files

Post by kfleming » Fri Nov 24, 2006 9:57 am

You can print to file and include the printer codes. If you are using runtime you would set RI_PRINTER to P, RI_WPTR to the printer name and RI_OUTFILE to the output file name.____Within the report designer you would use File Print, select your printer, check the print to file box and then enter the file name in the lower right of the dialog.____Regards,__Kathleen__R&R Support

Jason_(Guest)

===> RE: Print to PCL or ESC/P files

Post by Jason_(Guest) » Sun Nov 26, 2006 6:15 am

Thanks,____Can we upgrade from rr8.1 xbase to v12, or do we need to purchase a new license?____

kfleming

====> RE: Print to PCL or ESC/P files

Post by kfleming » Sun Nov 26, 2006 7:54 pm

You can upgrade for $500 US.____Kathleen__R&R Support