R&R Report Writter 4.0 files

Ask any questions you have about purchasing R&R ReportWorks. Will it work with my operating system? Will it access my database? Can I convert my old reports?
Andrew_Young_(Guest)

R&R Report Writter 4.0 files

Post by Andrew_Young_(Guest) » Thu Jul 24, 2003 4:38 pm

Hello, I was wondering what I needed to convert files from R&R Report Writer version 4.0 (DOS based) into something that will work with Microsoft Access. Would I need to buy a new version of report writer, or would there be free filters available? I know that I can change the output from printer to ASCII, but it would take way too long to go through and open/export/convert every file we have using this method (I would lose all the database fields). Thank you in advanced____Andrew Young

kfleming

=> RE: R&R Report Writter 4.0 files

Post by kfleming » Thu Jul 24, 2003 10:03 pm

You would need to purchase R&R Version 10.__As long as your Access tables contain the same fieldnames/data types as did your DOS tables, then you could convert and use your existing reports.____Kathleen__R&R Support

Andrew_Young_(Guest)

==> RE: R&R Report Writter 4.0 files

Post by Andrew_Young_(Guest) » Fri Jul 25, 2003 5:10 pm

Thank you for the quick reply. I have one more question. Will R&R Report Writer 10 allow us to have embedded reports? By embedded reports, I mean have one ^master^ report that pulls up a different, variable report at the end depending on the database entries. We need this to tie in work orders to datasheets on whatever equipment we work on. For each work order (printing several at a time) it would need to pull up the datasheet (a different report) depending on the equipment we are working on. Thus, the end result would be several work orders (the main report), each with the proper datasheet (which are entirely different reports). We could easily add a database entry to ^point^ to the correct datasheet, assuming that R&R can import a report into another report.____Andrew Young

Andrew_Young_(Guest)

==> RE: R&R Report Writter 4.0 files

Post by Andrew_Young_(Guest) » Fri Jul 25, 2003 5:20 pm

Oops, forgot to ask, what version do you need to have to qualify for the ^upgrade^ edition? Will our old version 4.0 allow us to use the upgrade version?

kfleming

===> RE: R&R Report Writter 4.0 files

Post by kfleming » Sat Jul 26, 2003 10:25 am

Any previous version qualifies for the upgrade.__But even with V10, you cannot have embedded sub-reports.____Kathleen__R&R Support