R&R v10 or Rattle

Ask any questions you have about purchasing R&R ReportWorks. Will it work with my operating system? Will it access my database? Can I convert my old reports?
Niall_HQ_(Guest)

R&R v10 or Rattle

Post by Niall_HQ_(Guest) » Tue Apr 22, 2003 5:16 am

Hi,____I am a previous user of R&R4 - 7 and in my current job I am looking for a report writer to use on the web.____I have two needs for the report writer, primarily as an engine to produce mail merge documents from SQL data (in XML format) using XSL customer specifc style sheet for word and pdf final formats.____The second use is as an online report engine.____For the second use I hafe no problems in choosing R&R / Rattle but for the first use I can not find details of whether my use is possible in v10. I see earlier posts that email of reports as PDF / Word is not possible in version 9 but nothing since.____My basic needs are for customers to upload an XSL template to apply to a fixed format dataset (in XML). The R&R engine would then use this XSL (or convert to R&R report format) and apply to the data to create word and or pdf.____Any ideas for this

kfleming

=> RE: R&R v10 or Rattle

Post by kfleming » Tue Apr 22, 2003 6:24 am

R&R cannot read an XLS style sheet as the basis for a report I am afraid.____Kathleen__R&R Support