Arpeggio Scripting

Ask any questions you have about purchasing R&R ReportWorks. Will it work with my operating system? Will it access my database? Can I convert my old reports?
byoung

Arpeggio Scripting

Post by byoung » Tue Oct 21, 2003 5:38 pm

I am working for a client that is using Arpeggio report to export data to xbase files. The database is a legacy system and will be phased out within a few months.____I read that there was some scripting capability in Arpeggio but I didn^t see any technical documentation or examples.____It is version 2.0. I would like to do the following:____(1) Shell into the Arpeggio report__(2) Change the Filter automatically via a parameter on the command line or by starting a script.__(3) Export the data to Xbase.____My client is NOT interested in replacing Arpeggio with R&R, just some way to streamline this process to do the export.____Thanks!____Barry__

kfleming

=> RE: Arpeggio Scripting

Post by kfleming » Wed Oct 22, 2003 7:02 am

Create a text file with the lines:__RI_REPORT=C: eportsmyreport.rsw__RI_INCLUDE=0__RI_FILTER=CUST.CUSTNO=123__RI_PRINTER=X__RI_OUTFILE=MYFILE.DBF____And then invoke the report by using the command line:__RSWRUN.EXE /TTreport.txt____where report.txt is the name of the text file that you created.__You would use your actual report name and required filter expression and output DBF file in place of those shown.__And alternatively to RI_FILTER you can use the line RI_WHERE as long as you use an expression that can be evaluated as a WHERE expression in SQL. For the above you could use__RI_WHERE=CUST.CUSTNO=123__in place of the RI_FILTER. The advantage is that the report should run more quickly since the selection will happen on the server side where an RI_FILTER is always evaluated locally.____Note that when you export to DBF the default band line that is exported is a record band.____You should read the Developing Applications section of the Help file for more information.______Kathleen__R&R Support

byoung

==> RE: Arpeggio Scripting

Post by byoung » Wed Oct 22, 2003 10:11 am

Thanks Kathleen!____I^ll let you know how it works out!____Barry__