Upgrading to R&R from Arpeggio

Ask any questions you have about purchasing R&R ReportWorks. Will it work with my operating system? Will it access my database? Can I convert my old reports?
N.Rawcliffe_(Guest)

Upgrading to R&R from Arpeggio

Post by N.Rawcliffe_(Guest) » Thu Jun 26, 2003 4:37 am

Our current set-up uses Arpeggio Report Writer and Rumba, both previously supplied by Walldata, and we are looking to upgrade these products to provide compatibility with a Windows 2000 platform.____Based on our current set-up we have about 4 people who write reports using Arpeggio Report Writer, one developer who uses Arpeggio Developer edition, and up to 200 people that are able to view these reports using the report viewer (previously bundled with Rumba and supplied by Walldata)____Can you please let me know what the upgrade options are, and if possible any issues surrounding backwards compatibility for reports written using Arpeggio Report Writer.____Thanks !

kfleming

=> RE: Upgrading to R&R from Arpeggio

Post by kfleming » Thu Jun 26, 2003 7:25 am

You can run reports created in Arpeggio using R&R version 10 without any conversion/upgrade issues.____Kathleen__R&R Support

Miltozbow

==> RE: Upgrading to R&R from Arpeggio

Post by Miltozbow » Thu Jun 26, 2003 7:54 am

Can you please clarify how we would obtain R&R Report viewers for version 10+.____Is there a developer edition that permits R&R Report viewers to be deployed to 200 users, or do we need to buy 200 copies of R&R Report Writer ?____I hope that makes sense.____Thanks for your support.

kfleming

===> RE: Upgrading to R&R from Arpeggio

Post by kfleming » Thu Jun 26, 2003 11:55 am

Unlike Arpeggio, the V10 runtime is royalty free. So you would only need to purchase as many licenses as you need for concurrent access to the report designer.____Kathleen__R&R Support