Using R&R with Visual FoxPro DBCs

Ask any questions you have about purchasing R&R ReportWorks. Will it work with my operating system? Will it access my database? Can I convert my old reports?
MikeLewis

Using R&R with Visual FoxPro DBCs

Post by MikeLewis » Sun May 28, 2006 12:55 pm

__We are considering purchasing R&R for a development project. The project will use VFP (version 9.0) DBC-based tables. I have two related questions:____1. Does R&R work natively with these tables, or does it use ODBC?____2. Can we manage with R&R Xbase Version 6.5, or should we buy the (more expensive) R&R Report Works? We have no intention of using it with any database other than VFP. Does the more expensive product have any compelling advantages for us?____By the way, on the product price list, R&R Xbase Version 6.5 is shown as running under Windows 3.1, and is sold on 3.5"-inch diskettes. Please tell me that it will also run under Windows XP, and that we can get it on a CD or DVD?____Thanks in advance for your advice.____Mike Lewis__(VFP Developer)____

kfleming

=> Using R&R with Visual FoxPro DBCs

Post by kfleming » Wed May 31, 2006 9:44 am

The current ReportWorks Version 12 is indeed the product you would purchase to use on later operating systems and to support the use of DBC containers. (Note that ReportWorks will also allow you to access the DBF files within a DBC directly rather than through the DBC.)____Kathleen__R&R Support

MikeLewis

==> Using R&R with Visual FoxPro DBCs

Post by MikeLewis » Fri Jun 02, 2006 12:05 pm

Kathleen,____Thanks for your reply. Most helpful.____Mike