pdf security settings

Ask any questions you have about purchasing R&R ReportWorks. Will it work with my operating system? Will it access my database? Can I convert my old reports?
jclauder

pdf security settings

Post by jclauder » Mon Jul 14, 2003 4:37 am

Hi,____I have R&R v.9 and want to upgrade to 10+.____My plans are to send protected pdf files to a number of email adresses by bursting report.____3 questions:____1. Is it correct that R&R v.10+ supports unattended burst e-mail with pdf output ?__2. Is anything planned to set security settings of pdf files, e.g. master password, encryption level ?__3. There are other pdf printer driver available (e.g. pdf-xchange 2.5) that support encrypting and securing of pdf documents but using v. 9 I got always this message:____Instruction "Ox77805b39" referenced memory at "Ox009f0000". The memory could not be "read". __followed by another message__Instruction "Ox6c3b5115" referenced memory at "Ox000000004". The memory could not be "read". R&R then crashes.____Any ideas ? Is there any other pdf printer driver available that does not need attention (no pop-up window with file indication) and where you can set security on pdf files on the fly before the email bursting ?____Thanks for your help.

kfleming

=> RE: pdf security settings

Post by kfleming » Mon Jul 14, 2003 2:31 pm

Bursting is currently not available for PDF files within R&R.__But a PDF bursting solution will be available soon through a third party Abode Acrobat add-in. Stay tuned to this site for future information.____I have not worked with any PDF generation programs that allow you to add advanced features such as password protection I am afraid...____Kathleen__R&R Support