Duplicates

We welcome your comments, suggestions and feedback for future R&R releasees.
mollybhc

Duplicates

Post by mollybhc » Thu Feb 27, 2003 10:47 am

What is the best way in dealing with duplicates? Many of my reports off our our Property Management Software contain many many lines of duplicates. I need more than the print once feature...If line 2 looks the exact same as line 1, I want to delete it...essentially cutting my reports in half. __Any help would be great!

Eddie_Marshall

=> RE: Duplicates

Post by Eddie_Marshall » Thu Feb 27, 2003 1:29 pm

What do you mean by duplicates excatly? Are you using scan type lookups? It sounds like you are. If so, I may be able to help. Maybe if you email your report it would be helpful. When debugging a report you need as much info as you can get!____Thanks.____Eddie Marshall__Technical Support Manager__LandMaster____eddie@landmaster.co.uk__http://www.landmaster.co.uk

Chris_Strasser_(Guest)

==> RE: Duplicates

Post by Chris_Strasser_(Guest) » Fri Apr 09, 2004 11:20 am

My suggestion would be to use the PREVIOUS() function in a calculation in conjunction with line logic.____Example, a list of States, Counties and Metropolitan areas (STCD, CTCD, MTCD)____Create a calculated field, DUPE() to check if the current one is the same as the prior:____Previous(STCD) = STCD and Previous(CTCD) = CTCD and Previous(MTCD) = MTCD____Then put this onto the line logic for the band to print when FALSE. You^ll only see the distinct changes. Any number of fields can be placed into the calculation.