Enhancements desired

We welcome your comments, suggestions and feedback for future R&R releasees.
Dennis_Shiver_(Guest)

Enhancements desired

Post by Dennis_Shiver_(Guest) » Wed Jan 28, 2004 3:23 pm

I use R&R heavily and our company has more than 200 reports in daily use. I like the product a lot. There are 2 things that I really wish the product could handle, though:____1. Better layout control. Aligning feels, nudging things, drawing & connecting lines, all of that. it would be much easier to get the kind of ine control that we sometimes need with formating techniques like the report writer in FoxPro provides - align left sides, align centers, etc. Also, to be able to resize and move with cursor keys would be great!____2. Easier data independence. I have our "live" accounting and manufacturing system, and a regular test system. To test a specific modification I ususally set up yet another system. And now I am converting to a new version, in a new drive letter/directory name (for many reasons). R&R always looks at the file that was originally selected when creating the reports. I need a fast & easy way to change hundreds of reports to look at a new drive letter/directory name, quickly and easily. Overriding the file names in the control file is a real pain, if there were a way on the file relations and masterfile to specify the drive & directory it would save a huge amount of time...

Tom_(Guest)

=> RE: Enhancements desired

Post by Tom_(Guest) » Mon Mar 08, 2004 11:53 am

I agree with the need to be able to change where the report looks. I have hundreds of reports that need to be changed if we move data or create new directories. The feature would be a great help.