Export to email not working

We welcome your comments, suggestions and feedback for future R&R releasees.
atekcomputer

Export to email not working

Post by atekcomputer » Fri Mar 11, 2005 10:03 am

We recently changed our ISP and now have different email settings. When I export to email, the emails are not received. I^ve gone through every window and screen to see where the smtp settings are, but can^t find them. How is email exported and where can I change the settings so email is sent and ultimately received by the recipient?____Please email me if you have a resolution, info@atekcomputer.com.____Thanks,__Jim__:(

kfleming

=> RE: Export to email not working

Post by kfleming » Fri Mar 11, 2005 1:43 pm

Do the email messages get placed in your outbox by R&R?____Kathleen__R&R Support

Jim

==> RE: Export to email not working

Post by Jim » Sun Mar 13, 2005 2:24 pm

How should it work?__Should it go to Outlook Express or Outlook?____I need to understand how this export process works. Does it use the workstations email client to export email?____Thanks,__Jim__

kfleming

===> RE: Export to email not working

Post by kfleming » Sun Mar 13, 2005 7:31 pm

It should go the the outbox for the application that is set as the default mail client on the machine where the report is being executed.____Kathleen__R&R Support

CharlesSpomy

====> RE: Export to email not working

Post by CharlesSpomy » Tue Mar 15, 2005 3:58 am

This isn^t happening.____This may shed some light on the problem, we^re using a Terminal Server with RR Writer running on the server. Users are accessing RR Writer using Remote Desktop. I^ve configured Outlook Express on the server with a generic email account so everyone can use this account to export email from RR Writer. Yet nothing goes to Outlook Express and there^s nothing in the Sent Items box.____Any thoughts?

kfleming

=====> RE: Export to email not working

Post by kfleming » Tue Mar 15, 2005 8:14 am

If you run R&R directly from the server does it then work?____Kathleen__R&R Support