International Version

We welcome your comments, suggestions and feedback for future R&R releasees.
Michael_Hoffmann_(Guest)

International Version

Post by Michael_Hoffmann_(Guest) » Fri Mar 30, 2001 12:17 pm

Hi folks,____we have customers all over the world and we are using R&R for all our reporting needs. Unfortunatley the runtime modules for all windows versions are available in english language only. Only a very small percentage of our clients is able to understand english good enough to create complex queries or will be able to use all the new features coming up in version 9.0. We need a version that reads the messages from a file that can be replaced for each language.____I hope many non-american R&R users are going to chime in here!____Anyway,____kind regards____Michael__

kfleming

=> RE: International Version

Post by kfleming » Fri Mar 30, 2001 12:27 pm

With Version 9 parameteRR fields you can control the prompting and messaging that is presented to the user. So you do have full language control in this area of the product.____So your query prompting problem may be solved.____Regards,__Kathleen__R&R Support____

Michael_Hoffmann_(Guest)

==> RE: International Version

Post by Michael_Hoffmann_(Guest) » Tue Apr 17, 2001 5:37 am

>With Version 9 parameteRR fields you __>can control the prompting and __>messaging that is presented to __>the user. So you __>do have full language control __>in this area of the __>product. __>__>So your query prompting problem may __>be solved. __>__>Regards, __>Kathleen __>R&R Support ____Hi Kathleen,____I checked Version 9.0 over the weekend. The area where I have full control of the language is far from sufficient. All captions are still english... No solution at all.____Kind regards,____Michael____

Sergio_(Guest)

===> RE: International Version

Post by Sergio_(Guest) » Sat Mar 30, 2002 10:19 pm

Hi Michael,__I must agree with your points on international version of R&R runtime. Our applications are not bilingual but multi-language ready. We currently have installtions in 3 different countries and thank God my programmers save all label information into an external file, ie:__English.lng__French.lng__Spansih.lng____This allows us to install as many languages as we want without recompiling a line of code.____If you have guts, you can do a hex edit on runtime files and modify all english lables to whatever language you want. his will work if you are really despearate and don;t have to wait on R&R developpers to come up witha solution!____Good luck!__Sergio

M._Hoffmann_(Guest)

====> RE: International Version

Post by M._Hoffmann_(Guest) » Tue Apr 02, 2002 10:00 am

Hi Sergio,____I^ve already done what you are describing: Hex editing of the runtime. Then I^ve written a patch tool that does all the handling of the patches for you. If you are interested, you can contact me via my email address.____Kind regards,____Michael.____m.hoffmann@compar.net____